• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Health and weight issues, help!

OutRageous

Greenlighter
to start off i will explain how and why i got to how i am now, which is quite a fair bit overweight 100-105kg and only 6ft tall although i am big build(wide shoulders, hard muscles underneath the fat) and im 17 if this is relevant.

I have been playing sport my whole life, until about 2 years ago where i had a nasty injury and forced me to have surgery, i was unable to participate in any sporting activity for 6 months post-op, and had to quit my regular sport i played due to the same injury.

While playing sport i had always maintained a rubbish diet with extreme amounts of sugar, salt and fat but still maintained a good body figure and fitness level.

But now that i am unable to do this i have gradually put on alot of weight, i want to unlock the muscles i have underneath all this fat and return to a healthy weight and fitness.

school lunch and snacks are the hardest part to prepare for.

so just wondering if anyone has tips on diet and excersise to help me get back to a healthy weight and also lose all the fat and as little of muscle underneath as possible.

also i have dodgy ankles so running, can be quite hard unless on soft soft grass.

what foods to stick with and what foods to stay away from would be a big help also some extra info, I drink excessive amounts irregularly and used to smoke, but no longer do.

Last edited:
If I was you I'd do a good barbell training program combined with 3000-4000 calories of paleo food a day.

Set a series of small goals – Don’t just say I have to lose 50ks say I have to lose 4 kilos this month (or 1kg per week).

Lean meats, vegetables, fruit and nuts are all a good thing to include in your diet

Try to reduce the amount of processed / fried foods / carbohydrates and fats like butter, cheese, sugar etc

I think its easier to lose weight if you don’t have to make massive changes in your lifestyle - adding a couple of hours cardio into your weekly programme (swimming, walking etc) is easier that saying I’m going to the gym 5 nights of the week. Chances are the bigger changes you make to your daily routine the quicker you may fall back into your old habits.

If you have a bad day and scoff a pizza and a 6 pack don’t say well that’s this week ruined Ill start again on Monday – You say well that’s today down the pan, lets start again tomorrow. I find it’s easier to eat smaller meals and often when your cutting back – breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner, evening snack this way your never really hungry.

To Amebix – wouldn’t eating 4000 calories per day make you gain weight? Surely dropping the number of calories you eat and upping the number of calories you use is the key to losing weight?

Last edited:
^Its on the higher end of what I've heard recommended, but the idea is that your engaging an a strenous activity that requires more energy to properly recover from. A 4000 calorie, high protein diet might not cause a net weight loss, but a recomposition where he gains muscle and loses fat.